- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can canned tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 (6 inch) corn tortillas, quartered
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium casserole dish.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until evenly brown. Drain, and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a separate skillet over medium heat, and cook the onions until tender. Mix in the green pepper and peas, and season with chili powder and red pepper flakes. Stir the cooked beef, tomatoes, and tomato paste into the mixture. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes. Mix in the kidney beans and corn.
- Spoon 1/2 the skillet mixture into the prepared casserole dish, and top with 1/2 the tortilla quarters. Layer with remaining skillet mixture.
- Cover and bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove cover, and top with remaining tortillas and cheese. Continue baking 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More