CHINESE CHILLI BALLS
INGREDIENT FOR CHILLI BALLS
Soya granule 2 cups, soak in hot water for 1 hour, Chopped green chilli 1 tbsp, Garlic paste 1 tbsp, ginger paste 1 tbsp, Vinegar 2 tsp, Baking soda ½ tsp, Chopped salary 2 tbsp, Corn flour 1 cup, Salt to taste, Oil for deep fry.
INGREDIENT FOR GRAVY
Dice cut capsicum green & yellow 1 cup, dice cut onion ½ cup, Chopped garlic shoot ½ cup, Vinegar 2 tbsp, Chopped green chilli 1 tbsp, Soya sauce 2 tbsp, Green chilli sauce 1 tbsp, 1 tbsp Corn flour dissolved in 1 cup water, Salt to taste, Garlic paste 2 tbsp, Oil 2 tbsp.
• Strain soya granule and drain out the water
• Mix all ingredients of chilli balls except oil with soya granule
• Heat oil in a wok, make medium size balls and deep fry
• Place balls on a paper towel to drain out extra oil, keep aside
• For preparing gravy, heat 2 tbsp oil in another pan
• Add capsicum and onion, stir fry
• Add garlic paste and green chilli, cook for 2 minutes
• Add ½ cup water and all sauces
• Add chilli balls and cover the pan for 3 minutes
• Add salt and ½ tbsp sugar (optional) and garlic shoot
• Add water and corn flour mixture, stir well carefully for few seconds
• Serve with fried rice
Pairs Well With
It is a veg dish, prepare with soye granule which is a great source of protein specially for vegetarian.The thick gravy gives it a traditional chinese taste.