CHINESE PEPPER STEAK
- 1 to 1½ lbs. boneless beef round steak
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 red or green peppers, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup fresh been sprouts (optional)
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- Cooked rice
Trim fat from steak; slice into thin strips.
Combine steak, garlic, salt, pepper, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and sugar in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW about 4 hours.
Turn control to HIGH. Add tomato and bell peppers. Dissolve cornstarch in water in a small bowl; stir into steak mixture.
Cover and cook on HIGH 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened. Stir in bean sprouts. Sprinkle with onions. Serve with rice.