- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryYou can enjoy all the indulgence of one of our favourite treats, safe in the knowledge that Light At Heart keeps the sugar level
lower than normal.
- 200g dark cooks chocolate, 72% cocoa solids, chopped into chunks
- 150g butter, cubed
- 3 medium free range eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 125g Tate & Lyle Light at Heart -‐ White
- 85g self raising flour 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Pre-‐heat the oven to 180oC/Gas 4 (if using a fan-‐assisted oven adjust the temperature according to instructions). Grease and line an 18cm square tin.
- 2 Pop the chopped chocolate and butter into a heat proof bowl and set over a pan of very gently simmering water to melt, ma␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣ good idea to do this in the microwave as the chocolate can easily overheat). Carefully remove the bowl from the heat and leave to cool.
- 3 Lightly beat the eggs and egg yolk with 2 tbsp of cold water. Stir the Light at Heart -‐ White into the chocolate, followed by the egg mixture. Sift in the flour and baking powder and gently fold together using a large metal spoon. Pour into the tin and bake for 20 to 30 minutes (check after 20 minutes; if you overcook them the brownies may be a little too dry). Leave to cool in the tin and then turn out on to a chopping board. Cut into 16 squares.