- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 10
- 200g dark cooks chocolate, 72% cocoa solids, chopped into chunks
- 150g butter, cubed
- 3 medium free range eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 125g Tate & Lyle Light at Heart -‐ White
- 85g self raising flour 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Pre-‐heat the oven to 180oC/Gas 4 (if using a fan-‐assisted oven adjust the temperature according to instructions). Grease and line an 18cm square tin.
- 2 Pop the chopped chocolate and butter into a heat proof bowl and set over a pan of very gently simmering water to melt, ma␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣ good idea to do this in the microwave as the chocolate can easily overheat). Carefully remove the bowl from the heat and leave to cool.
- 3 Lightly beat the eggs and egg yolk with 2 tbsp of cold water. Stir the Light at Heart -‐ White into the chocolate, followed by the egg mixture. Sift in the flour and baking powder and gently fold together using a large metal spoon. Pour into the tin and bake for 20 to 30 minutes (check after 20 minutes; if you overcook them the brownies may be a little too dry). Leave to cool in the tin and then turn out on to a chopping board. Cut into 16 squares.
NotesYou can enjoy all the indulgence of one of our favourite treats, safe in the knowledge that Light At Heart keeps the sugar level
lower than normal.