- Cooking Time: about 55 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups ripe mashed bananas (3 large)
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 ½ cups GF all purpose flour mix
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. xanthan gum
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease and flour a bundt cake pan or angel food pan.
- In small bowl mix together banana and lemon juice.
- Set aside.
- In medium bowl mix flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum.
- Set aside. In large bowl, beat oil and brown sugar until light and fluffy, beat in eggs, one at a time and add vanilla.
- Blend in half the flour mixture and half the buttermilk, then mix in remaining flour and butter-milk.
- Fold in mashed bananas and chocolate chips.
- If using a food processor, put the bananas in the processor in chunks to mash.
- Bake until skewer inserted into the thickest part of the cake comes out with only a few moist crumbs (roughly 55 minutes).
- Half way through cooking, turn the oven down to 350°F.
- Cool in pan, set on cooling rack for 30 minutes before turning out onto a plate.
- If you want to make a glaze for this just melt ¼ cup chocolate chips with 3 tbsps. milk in microwave and whisk together until smooth.
- Drizzle over cake ...or just dust the cake with icing sugar.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Summer 2013
Courtesy of Janice Newhook, adapted from Sobeys Inspired Magazine
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More