- Cooking Time: about 55 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups ripe mashed bananas (3 large)
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 ½ cups GF all purpose flour mix
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. xanthan gum
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease and flour a bundt cake pan or angel food pan.
- In small bowl mix together banana and lemon juice.
- Set aside.
- In medium bowl mix flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum.
- Set aside. In large bowl, beat oil and brown sugar until light and fluffy, beat in eggs, one at a time and add vanilla.
- Blend in half the flour mixture and half the buttermilk, then mix in remaining flour and butter-milk.
- Fold in mashed bananas and chocolate chips.
- If using a food processor, put the bananas in the processor in chunks to mash.
- Bake until skewer inserted into the thickest part of the cake comes out with only a few moist crumbs (roughly 55 minutes).
- Half way through cooking, turn the oven down to 350°F.
- Cool in pan, set on cooling rack for 30 minutes before turning out onto a plate.
- If you want to make a glaze for this just melt ¼ cup chocolate chips with 3 tbsps. milk in microwave and whisk together until smooth.
- Drizzle over cake ...or just dust the cake with icing sugar.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Summer 2013
Courtesy of Janice Newhook, adapted from Sobeys Inspired Magazine
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More