CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BROWNIES
- Servings: 48
- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines Swiss Chocolate
- cake mix
- 1 cup finely chpped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cup undiluted Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 35 light Caramels, unwrapped
- 1/3 cup undiluted Carnation Evaporated Milk (this is not a typo.. you'll need it for the second part of the recipe)
- 2 cups Milk Chocolate Chocolate Chips
Combine cake mix and nuts in large bowl;cut in butter. Stir in 1 1/3 Cups evaporated milk.
Spread 1/2 the batter in a greased 9x13 baking pan.
Bake at 350* for 15 minutes.
While cake is baking, combine carmels and 1/3 cup evaported milk in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until caramels are melted.
Drizzle caramel sauce over cooked cake layer. Sprinkle Chocolate chips over caramel sauce. Drop remaining cake batter in heaping Teaspoons over the choc. chips; spread out with the back of a spoon.
Return to oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes longer. The top layer will be soft.
Cool completely before cutting.