- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines Swiss Chocolate
- cake mix
- 1 cup finely chpped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cup undiluted Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 35 light Caramels, unwrapped
- 1/3 cup undiluted Carnation Evaporated Milk (this is not a typo.. you'll need it for the second part of the recipe)
- 2 cups Milk Chocolate Chocolate Chips
- Combine cake mix and nuts in large bowl;cut in butter. Stir in 1 1/3 Cups evaporated milk.
- Spread 1/2 the batter in a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake at 350* for 15 minutes.
- While cake is baking, combine carmels and 1/3 cup evaported milk in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until caramels are melted.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over cooked cake layer. Sprinkle Chocolate chips over caramel sauce. Drop remaining cake batter in heaping Teaspoons over the choc. chips; spread out with the back of a spoon.
- Return to oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes longer. The top layer will be soft.
- Cool completely before cutting.
NotesI got this recipe from a friend years ago and when I want something really rich and delicious,I always reach for this recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Koken met OmaSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More