- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines Swiss Chocolate
- cake mix
- 1 cup finely chpped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cup undiluted Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 35 light Caramels, unwrapped
- 1/3 cup undiluted Carnation Evaporated Milk (this is not a typo.. you'll need it for the second part of the recipe)
- 2 cups Milk Chocolate Chocolate Chips
- Combine cake mix and nuts in large bowl;cut in butter. Stir in 1 1/3 Cups evaporated milk.
- Spread 1/2 the batter in a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake at 350* for 15 minutes.
- While cake is baking, combine carmels and 1/3 cup evaported milk in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until caramels are melted.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over cooked cake layer. Sprinkle Chocolate chips over caramel sauce. Drop remaining cake batter in heaping Teaspoons over the choc. chips; spread out with the back of a spoon.
- Return to oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes longer. The top layer will be soft.
- Cool completely before cutting.
NotesI got this recipe from a friend years ago and when I want something really rich and delicious,I always reach for this recipe.