- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 C. All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 t. Baking Soda
- 1/4 t. Salt
- 3/4 C. Butter or Margarine (not spread)
- 1/3 C. Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 C. Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 Eggs, divided
- 1/2 t. Vanilla
- 3/4 C. Mini Chocolate Chips (Note: Any semi-sweet chocolate chips can be used but the mini chips make dough easier to use)
- 1 Pkg. (9 x 13-inch pan-size) Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/2 C. Oil
- 1/2 C. Water
- 1 Can Chocolate Fudge Frosting (optional)
- 1/2 C. Chopped Walnuts (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Spray bottom of 13 x 9" pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
- In a small bowl mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In mixing bowl, cream together butter or margarine, granulated and brown sugars.
- Add 1 egg and vanilla.
- Mix in dry ingredients.
- Stir in mini chips; set aside.
- Mix together brownie mix, oil, water, and remaining egg in large bowl.
- Beat 50 strokes by hand.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Mark off 24 squares.
- In center of each square place a spoonful of chocolate chip cookie dough, dividing equally among squares, pushing it into brownie mixture. Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes or until top is dull and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Frost with chocolate fudge frosting and sprinkle with chopped walnuts, if desired.
- Cut into 24 squares in approximately the same place where they were originally marked off.
- Makes 24 brownies.
NotesThis is an original recipe I created to have the best of both of my family's favorites: chocolate chip cookies and brownies all in one dessert snack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Lau Family Recipes
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More