- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 C. All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 t. Baking Soda
- 1/4 t. Salt
- 3/4 C. Butter or Margarine (not spread)
- 1/3 C. Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 C. Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 Eggs, divided
- 1/2 t. Vanilla
- 3/4 C. Mini Chocolate Chips (Note: Any semi-sweet chocolate chips can be used but the mini chips make dough easier to use)
- 1 Pkg. (9 x 13-inch pan-size) Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/2 C. Oil
- 1/2 C. Water
- 1 Can Chocolate Fudge Frosting (optional)
- 1/2 C. Chopped Walnuts (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Spray bottom of 13 x 9" pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
- In a small bowl mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In mixing bowl, cream together butter or margarine, granulated and brown sugars.
- Add 1 egg and vanilla.
- Mix in dry ingredients.
- Stir in mini chips; set aside.
- Mix together brownie mix, oil, water, and remaining egg in large bowl.
- Beat 50 strokes by hand.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Mark off 24 squares.
- In center of each square place a spoonful of chocolate chip cookie dough, dividing equally among squares, pushing it into brownie mixture. Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes or until top is dull and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Frost with chocolate fudge frosting and sprinkle with chopped walnuts, if desired.
- Cut into 24 squares in approximately the same place where they were originally marked off.
- Makes 24 brownies.
NotesThis is an original recipe I created to have the best of both of my family's favorites: chocolate chip cookies and brownies all in one dessert snack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
Recipes for Vitality
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More