- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 C. flour
- 1/2 C. cocoa
- 1/2 C. butter
- 1 C. sugar
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 t. vanilla
- 48 maraschino cherries about a 10 oz. jar; drain reserving juice
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
- 1/2 C. sweetened condensed milk
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, combine butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and blend until well combined.
- Stir in the flour mixture and blend well. Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Place on a ungreased cookie sheet. Press down in the center with your thumb. Drain cherries, reserving juice. Place a cherry in the center of each cookie.
- In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate pieces, sweetened condensed milk and 4 teaspoons of the cherry juice. Heat until chocolate melts.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the chocolate frosting over each cherry. (Frosting may be thinned with additional cherry juice, if needed.) Cover cherry.
- Bake at 350°F. for about 10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet to a wire rack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
Vegan Eats!See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More