- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 12 croissants
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped small
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, combine butter and sugar process until well blended. Add cinnamon, and vanilla, and pulse to combine.
- While the processor is running crack 5 eggs into the mixture. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides. Add the heavy cream and pulse to combine.
- Lightly butter a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Break up the croissants into 1-inch pieces and layer in the pan. Scatter the raisins and shaved bittersweet chocolate over the top, and gently mix to incorporate. Pour the egg mixture over the croissants; soak for 8 to 10 minutes. You will need to push croissants pieces down during this time to ensure even coverage by egg mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35minutes. Remove foil and bake for additional 10 minutes to brown the top. The croissant bread pudding is done when the custard is set, but still soft. Allow to cool.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
My Family Cookbook
Cooking with SabraSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More