- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 lb. semisweet chocolate, cut up
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/8 tsp. mint extract
- 6 egg whites, beaten to soft peaks
- 2 Tbs. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler and barely simmer over low heat until chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine sugar, egg yolks, and mint extract in a bowl and whisk until light yellow in color.
- Stir into chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Gently fold beaten egg whites into chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture into buttered 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Run a thin sharp knife around the edge of the pan before opening pan and removing cake.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Cooking with SabraSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More