- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups cilantro leaves (no large stems)
- 1 cup fresh, grated coconut
- 1-2 medium green chilies or to taste
- ½” piece fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and grind into a thick paste.
- Add a tablespoon or more of water or as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Serve with your favourite fried snacks.
NotesFor serving with my friend Sonia's Bengali Eggplant Fritters or any other dish you choose.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More