- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1- pie crust-yours or purchased
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 cups thinly sliced apples ( 4 med.)
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. chopped pecans
- whipped cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 450°
- Place pie crust on ungreased cookie sheet.
- In med bowl, combine 1/2 c sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon; mix well.
- Add apples; toss gently.
- Spoon apple mixture onto center of crust, spreading to within 2 inches of edges.
- Fold edges to crust over filling, ruffling decoratively.
- Brush crust edge with water; sprinkle with 1 tsp sugar.
- Bake at 450° or 15 min or until crust is golden brown.
- Sprinkle pecans over apple mixture.
- Bake an additional 5 to 15 min. or until apples are tender.
- Serve with whipped cream.
NotesThis is a great dessert for anyone who would like a apple pie but are not up to the job of making the whole pie. I got this recipe from a mag. several years ago and have since made it very often. Usually do use the purchased crust to save time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
The Italian Exchange
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More