CINNAMON BUN SCONES
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Quaker® Oats (Quick or Old Fashioned, uncooked)
- 10 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter or margarine, chilled and cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup whole or 2% milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons orange juice or milk, or as needed
Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
In large bowl, combine flour, oats, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, baking powder and salt; mix well. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In small bowl, combine milk, egg and vanilla; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir with fork or rubber spatula until dry ingredients are moistened. In small bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar with the pecans and cinnamon; mix well. Sprinkle evenly over dough in bowl; gently stir batter to swirl in cinnamon mixture (Do not blend completely.) Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack; cool 5 minutes. In small bowl, combine powdered sugar and enough orange juice for desired consistency; mix until smooth. Drizzle over top of warm scones. Serve warm.