- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12 scones
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, chopped into pieces, chilled
- 1 extra large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and 2 tablespoons sugar. Using a pastry blender or your fingertips, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse cornmeal. In a small bowl, combine the egg and cream and add to the flour mixture. Mix until just blended together.
- Turn out the batter onto a lightly floured board and knead for 1 minute. Roll dough into a rectangle approximately 8 x 12 inches.
- Brush the dough with the melted butter. Combine filling ingredients (pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and sour cream). Spread filling evenly on the dough. Roll up, jelly-roll fashion, and seal the long seam by pinching it together lightly with your fingers. Roll may be refrigerated overnight.
- Cut the roll into twelve 1-inch thick slices. Lay slices on the baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until scones are golden.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Simple Recipes that Work
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More