- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk OR sour milk (see note)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 9 by 5 inch loaf pan.
- Mix Topping ingredients. Set aside.
- Stir together: flour, soda, and salt.
- Mix oil, sugar, egg, and buttermilk. Add dry ingredients. Mix in dry ingredients (do not over mix).
- Pour 1/2 the batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle half the topping on the batter.
- Pour remaining batter into pan, and sprinkle remaining topping on top.
- Run knife through batter 3 or 4 times to swirl topping through bread.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Note - Sour Milk - Place 2 Tablespoons vinegar into a 1 cup measuring cup. Add enough milk to make 1 cup.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knifeSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More