- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 4-1/2 tsp sugar
- 2-1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter/margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients, cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine eggs and cream, stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface, gently pat into a 7-inch circle, 3/4 inch thick. Cut into 8 wedges. Separate wedges, place on a greased baking sheet. Brush to with buttermilk. Let rest 15 minutes. Bake at 450 degrees for 14-16 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Optional: garnish with whole strawberries for the top.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
The Best Dang Little Dumplings Ever
Steamed Sweet Coconut Parcels
HERBED SALMONSee More