- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 7 ounces macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup self-rising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup coconut (dried, grated unsweetened coconut)
- For the lime icing:
- 1 cup icing (powdered) sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Place the nuts, flour, and salt in the bowl of a food processor and process until the nuts are ground. Place the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and beat for 3 minutes, or until the mixture is pale and creamy. Fold through the zest and coconut then the nut mixture. Place the egg whites in a clean, dry stainless steel bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form. Using a large metal spoon, fold lightly through the nut batter.
- Spread the batter evenly into a 9-inch greased or non-stick springform cake tin. Bake for 40 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to sit for 10 minutes in the tin. Turn the cake out onto a serving plate. Combine all the ingredients for the lime icing in a bowl and mix until smooth and glossy. Spread the lime icing over the warm cake, allowing it to drizzle down the sides.
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume One
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More