- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 7 ounces macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup self-rising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup coconut (dried, grated unsweetened coconut)
- For the lime icing:
- 1 cup icing (powdered) sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Place the nuts, flour, and salt in the bowl of a food processor and process until the nuts are ground. Place the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and beat for 3 minutes, or until the mixture is pale and creamy. Fold through the zest and coconut then the nut mixture. Place the egg whites in a clean, dry stainless steel bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form. Using a large metal spoon, fold lightly through the nut batter.
- Spread the batter evenly into a 9-inch greased or non-stick springform cake tin. Bake for 40 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to sit for 10 minutes in the tin. Turn the cake out onto a serving plate. Combine all the ingredients for the lime icing in a bowl and mix until smooth and glossy. Spread the lime icing over the warm cake, allowing it to drizzle down the sides.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Taste of CenturyLink
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More