- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 10 to 12
- Preparation Time: 45
- 1 cup butter, softened for 2 hours
- 4 cups sugar
- 20 eggs, beaten
- 4 - 20 ounce cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 12 inch long loaves of sliced French bread, cubed
- 6 Tablespoons lemon juice
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar. Add eggs 4 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in lemon juice.
- Fold pineapple into the bread cubes.
- Blend in 3/4 of the egg mixture into the bread cubes.
- Spray butter flavored cooking spray in a 19½ x 12 x 3½ inch baking .
- Spread bread mixture into baking pan.
- Spread remaining egg mixture over bread.
- Cover pan and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 325ºF for 40 to 45 minutes, or until top is golden and set.
NotesThe first time we made this breakfast casserole one of our friends told us that it tasted like pineapple upside down cake. Well folks you be the judge.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More