- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 10 to 12
- Preparation Time: 45
- 1 cup butter, softened for 2 hours
- 4 cups sugar
- 20 eggs, beaten
- 4 - 20 ounce cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 12 inch long loaves of sliced French bread, cubed
- 6 Tablespoons lemon juice
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar. Add eggs 4 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in lemon juice.
- Fold pineapple into the bread cubes.
- Blend in 3/4 of the egg mixture into the bread cubes.
- Spray butter flavored cooking spray in a 19½ x 12 x 3½ inch baking .
- Spread bread mixture into baking pan.
- Spread remaining egg mixture over bread.
- Cover pan and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 325ºF for 40 to 45 minutes, or until top is golden and set.
NotesThe first time we made this breakfast casserole one of our friends told us that it tasted like pineapple upside down cake. Well folks you be the judge.
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More