- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 pkgs Li'l Smokies
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- two regular cans pork and beans
- your favorite bbq sauce.
- Those are the basic ingredients. You can add anything you like. On my latest version, I added.
- bacon sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 small cans chopped green chiles
- sliced jalapenos
- Frank's original hot sauce.
- Brown beef and drain.
- Add all other ingredients. Cover and simmer until onions are tender and flavors are blended.
- Feel free to experiment
NotesI invented this dish after my two young sons saw the movie "Blazing Saddles." Their favorite scene (of course) was of the cowboys sitting around a campfire, eating beans.
This is a one-pot throw-together recipe. Just put in pretty much anything you want. Very little measurement required.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More