- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups of self rising flour *
- 3 Tablespoons orange zest
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans OR walnuts, if desired
- 1 cup milk (I've used 1/2 % with no problem)
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter OR margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease 2 loaf pans. Set aside.
- Stir together 1/4 cup sugar and cranberry sauce sauce. Set aside.
- Stir together: sugar, self rising flour, orange zest (orange peel), and pecans.
- Combine milk, melted butter, and beaten egg. Add to dry ingredients. Stir in cranberry mixture.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour, OR until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans to cool completely.
NotesWe keep whole berry cranberry sauce on hand year around for this yummy recipe. * 1 cup self rising flour = In 1 cup (measuring cup) measure:
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Add flour and level off to measure 1 cup
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
CUPPY DUCKING CAKE :S
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter Frosting
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More