- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 9 1/3 cup
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 ¼ cups diced peeled granny smith apple
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes or until reduced to ½ cup. Add the cranberries and diced apple; cook over medium heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in syrup, and cook an additional 5 minutes. Discard cinnamon stick. Serve compote at room temperature
NotesThis came from Jump Start Medicine. I was able to eat 'cranberry' sauce at Thanksgiving and still lose weight.
For all who want to lose and maintain!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More