- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 9 1/3 cup
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 ¼ cups diced peeled granny smith apple
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes or until reduced to ½ cup. Add the cranberries and diced apple; cook over medium heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in syrup, and cook an additional 5 minutes. Discard cinnamon stick. Serve compote at room temperature
NotesThis came from Jump Start Medicine. I was able to eat 'cranberry' sauce at Thanksgiving and still lose weight.
For all who want to lose and maintain!!
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More