- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 pound mushrooms, chopped or sliced
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 quarts meat stock (chicken bouillon may be substituted)
- 1 T. salt
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Melt butter.
- Add mushrooms and cook until brown.
- Add meat stock, saving enough to mix with the flour.
- Make a paste with meat stock and flour.
- Mix all ingredients and heat until it boils.
- Put in jars and process in pressure canner for 40 minutes at 10 lb. pressure.
- When opening to use, add equal amount of milk and soup.
- Makes 5 pints. Can be tripled.
NotesThis is a very simple mushroom soup to make and quite tasty and quick. Instructions are for a pressure cooker but a hot water bath works just as well. I don't personally use a hot water bath so I can't advise on the time.
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Pineapple Banana Punch
Triple Chocolate Bundt CakeSee More