- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 pound mushrooms, chopped or sliced
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 quarts meat stock (chicken bouillon may be substituted)
- 1 T. salt
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Melt butter.
- Add mushrooms and cook until brown.
- Add meat stock, saving enough to mix with the flour.
- Make a paste with meat stock and flour.
- Mix all ingredients and heat until it boils.
- Put in jars and process in pressure canner for 40 minutes at 10 lb. pressure.
- When opening to use, add equal amount of milk and soup.
- Makes 5 pints. Can be tripled.
NotesThis is a very simple mushroom soup to make and quite tasty and quick. Instructions are for a pressure cooker but a hot water bath works just as well. I don't personally use a hot water bath so I can't advise on the time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Get Fit With Good Food!
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More