CREAMY CAULIFLOWER POTATO SOUP WITHOUT THE CREAM
- 2 -3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 1 medium to large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 large cauliflower, in small flowerets
- 1 potato, diced (peeled, if desired)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (less if using white pepper)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- nutmeg, if desired
- fresh parsley, if desired
Melt butter. Saute onions, celery, and carrots until tender in Dutch oven.
Add cauliflower, chicken stock, pepper and ginger. Bring to a boil. Simmer until cauliflower and potatoes are tender.
Puree half the soup and return to the soup pan. Heat to serving temperature. Season to taste.
Garnish with ground nutmeg and parsley, if desired.
NOTE: Puree all the soup, if desired.
-- omit potato
-- use broccoli instead of cauliflower
-- use a combination of broccoli and cauliflower