- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 -3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 1 medium to large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 large cauliflower, in small flowerets
- 1 potato, diced (peeled, if desired)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (less if using white pepper)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- nutmeg, if desired
- fresh parsley, if desired
- Melt butter. Saute onions, celery, and carrots until tender in Dutch oven.
- Add cauliflower, chicken stock, pepper and ginger. Bring to a boil. Simmer until cauliflower and potatoes are tender.
- Puree half the soup and return to the soup pan. Heat to serving temperature. Season to taste.
- Garnish with ground nutmeg and parsley, if desired.
- NOTE: Puree all the soup, if desired.
- -- omit potato
- -- use broccoli instead of cauliflower
- -- use a combination of broccoli and cauliflower
NotesMakeover of a creamy soup... increasing vegetables, decreasing cholesterol and calories.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More