- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12 scones
- Preparation Time:
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 3-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 TBS. minced, crystallized ginger
- 1-2/3 c. whipping cream
- 6TBS. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- Preheat oven 425°. Sift sugar, baking powder, and salt into large mixing bowl.
- Stir in ginger. Beat whipping cream in a small chilled until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold into dry ingredients. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface.
- Knead gently 10 times. Roll to 1/2 "(inch) thickness. Cut into 2 to 2-1/2 " rounds
- using floured biscuit cutter. Place on unbuttered cookie sheets about 1" apart.
- Sprinkle lightly w/6 TBS. sugar. Bake 15 to 18 min. or until just beginning to turn
- a pale brown color. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm or cold w/butter.
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wifeSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More