- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 cans(16 ounces each) pear halves, drained, juices or syrup reserved
- 1 cup plain, low-fat yogurt
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Mint sprigs to garnish
- Thinly slice 1 pear half and reserve for garnish. Place remaining pears, yogurt, lemon juice, and ginger in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Puree to a thick cream consistency, adding up to 1/2 cup of the reserved pear liquid. Pour into a serving bowl, and place in the freezer for 20 minutes, or refrigerate for 1 hour until well chilled. To serve, ladle the soup into shallow soup bowls, and garnish with reserved pear slices and mint.
- Servings: 2
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 310; Total fat 1.5g; Saturated fat 1g; Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 115mg; Carbohydrate 70g; Fiber 7g; Protein 9g; Vitamin A 2%DV*; Vitamin C 15%DV; Calcium 25%DV; Iron 8%DV * Daily Value
NotesThis Creamy Pear Soup, served cold, is a perfect summer soup.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
The Naked Macaron
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More