- Cooking Time: 35
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 cup Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Spread
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. corn syrup
- 6 slices Italian or French bread, (about 1 in. thick)
- 1-1/2 cups half and half or light cream
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Spread over medium heat and stir in sugar and corn syrup until smooth.
- In 13 x 9-inch baking dish, evenly pour sugar mixture, then add bread slices, arranging in 1 layer.
- In large bowl, with wire whisk, blend remaining ingredients. Evenly pour over bread slices, pressing bread down until some liquid is absorbed. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove dish from refrigerator and bring to room temperature. Bake uncovered 35 minutes or until bread is golden brown. Serve warm and, if desired, with sliced strawberries.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More