- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tsp dried thyme
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3-4 lbs/ beef short ribs
- In a skillet, heat oil and sauté onions until soft and golden (about 5 minutes). Add garlic and stir until fragrant. Add thyme, ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar and brown sugar, combine well and cook over medium low heat for 5 minutes or so.
- Place the ribs under the broiler to brown on both sides (4-5 minutes per side).
- Arrange the ribs in the slow cooker and top with the sauce. Cover and cook on low until tender and meat starts to separate from the bones. About half-way through, gently toss the ribs so the ones on top sit on the bottom (7-8 hours).
- Transfer the ribs to a platter. Spoon off the fat from the sauce and pour over the ribs. Sprinkle with some fresh parsley for color.
NotesSo tender they fall off the bone.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More