- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
BackstorySo tender they fall off the bone.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tsp dried thyme
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3-4 lbs/ beef short ribs
- In a skillet, heat oil and sauté onions until soft and golden (about 5 minutes). Add garlic and stir until fragrant. Add thyme, ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar and brown sugar, combine well and cook over medium low heat for 5 minutes or so.
- Place the ribs under the broiler to brown on both sides (4-5 minutes per side).
- Arrange the ribs in the slow cooker and top with the sauce. Cover and cook on low until tender and meat starts to separate from the bones. About half-way through, gently toss the ribs so the ones on top sit on the bottom (7-8 hours).
- Transfer the ribs to a platter. Spoon off the fat from the sauce and pour over the ribs. Sprinkle with some fresh parsley for color.