- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 9 oz. can sliced mushrooms, drain and reserve juice
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- 3/4c. margarine or butter
- 13c. cubed day old bread
- 1 1/2tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. sage
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. chicken broth powder
- Saute the mushrooms, celery and onions in butter until tender.
- In a large bowl toss the bread cubes with salt, sage and pepper.
- Add the mushroom mixture.
- Add enough water to the reserved mushroom liquid to make 14 1/2 oz then put chicken powder in it.
- Add eggs to the broth and stir well.
- Add to the bread mixture and toss.
- Put in a slow cooker and cook on low for 4-5 hours or to 160 degrees.
- In place of mushroom juice and boullion you could also use prepared chicken broth.
Noteslike this a bit moister than the recipe makes it so I add more liquid. I took this to a pot luck and it went over well.
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Blueberry Banana Blast
Cincinnati Bengals Bacon & Mac Grilled Cheese
AFRICAN CHICKEN STEWSee More