- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 5 quarts of cubed bread, (1 16oz loaf and 8 more slices approx.)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 1/2 tsp. sage
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 - 10 1/2 oz. cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 - 14 1/2 oz. can chicken broth
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Melt margarine, add celery and onion; saute 15 minutes.
- Cube bread.
- Beat eggs, add soup, baking powder, sage, pepper and chicken broth; stir well.
- Pour margarine mixture and egg mixture over bread and stir.
- Dressing will be very moist.
- Grease crockpot very well.
- Place mixture in crockpot.
- Cook on high for 1 hour, turn to low and cook an additional 4 - 5 hours.
- Stir every 30 - 45 minutes.
NotesThis is also a good dressing to make in a crock pot when you don't have oven room.
DIY Tasty Gift Ideas
HKA Community Fair Recipes 2015
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More