- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 5 quarts of cubed bread, (1 16oz loaf and 8 more slices approx.)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 1/2 tsp. sage
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 - 10 1/2 oz. cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 - 14 1/2 oz. can chicken broth
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Melt margarine, add celery and onion; saute 15 minutes.
- Cube bread.
- Beat eggs, add soup, baking powder, sage, pepper and chicken broth; stir well.
- Pour margarine mixture and egg mixture over bread and stir.
- Dressing will be very moist.
- Grease crockpot very well.
- Place mixture in crockpot.
- Cook on high for 1 hour, turn to low and cook an additional 4 - 5 hours.
- Stir every 30 - 45 minutes.
NotesThis is also a good dressing to make in a crock pot when you don't have oven room.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More