- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 to 2 onions, chopped, saute
- 1 large green pepper, optional (saute, if using)
- 2 to 3 cans (14 to 15 oz) tomatoes, chopped
- 2 to 3 cans (14 to 15 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 or 3 cans (14 to 15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 4 teaspoons chili powder
- cayenne pepper, optional *
- Stir together all ingredients in crockpot. Cook on low for 6 to 10 hours.
- If desired, puree 1/4 to 1/2 of the chili mixture after cooking. Stir into remaining crockpot mixture.
- *Add other spices and chilis, if desired.
NotesI created this recipe when my children were small. This is still a favorite recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
The Naked Macaron
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More