CROCKPOT CHILI CON CARNE
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 to 2 onions, chopped, saute
- 1 large green pepper, optional (saute, if using)
- 2 to 3 cans (14 to 15 oz) tomatoes, chopped
- 2 to 3 cans (14 to 15 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 or 3 cans (14 to 15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 4 teaspoons chili powder
- cayenne pepper, optional *
Stir together all ingredients in crockpot. Cook on low for 6 to 10 hours.
If desired, puree 1/4 to 1/2 of the chili mixture after cooking. Stir into remaining crockpot mixture.
*Add other spices and chilis, if desired.
I created this recipe when my children were small. This is still a favorite recipe.
No Reviews at this time.