- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 to 2 onions, chopped, saute
- 1 large green pepper, optional (saute, if using)
- 2 to 3 cans (14 to 15 oz) tomatoes, chopped
- 2 to 3 cans (14 to 15 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 or 3 cans (14 to 15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 4 teaspoons chili powder
- cayenne pepper, optional *
- Stir together all ingredients in crockpot. Cook on low for 6 to 10 hours.
- If desired, puree 1/4 to 1/2 of the chili mixture after cooking. Stir into remaining crockpot mixture.
- *Add other spices and chilis, if desired.
NotesI created this recipe when my children were small. This is still a favorite recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More