- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 to 2 onions, chopped, saute
- 1 large green pepper, optional (saute, if using)
- 2 to 3 cans (14 to 15 oz) tomatoes, chopped
- 2 to 3 cans (14 to 15 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 or 3 cans (14 to 15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 4 teaspoons chili powder
- cayenne pepper, optional *
- Stir together all ingredients in crockpot. Cook on low for 6 to 10 hours.
- If desired, puree 1/4 to 1/2 of the chili mixture after cooking. Stir into remaining crockpot mixture.
- *Add other spices and chilis, if desired.
NotesI created this recipe when my children were small. This is still a favorite recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Italy or BustSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More