- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 to 2 onions, chopped, saute
- 1 large green pepper, optional (saute, if using)
- 2 to 3 cans (14 to 15 oz) tomatoes, chopped
- 2 to 3 cans (14 to 15 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 or 3 cans (14 to 15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 4 teaspoons chili powder
- cayenne pepper, optional *
- Stir together all ingredients in crockpot. Cook on low for 6 to 10 hours.
- If desired, puree 1/4 to 1/2 of the chili mixture after cooking. Stir into remaining crockpot mixture.
- *Add other spices and chilis, if desired.
NotesI created this recipe when my children were small. This is still a favorite recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More