- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 eggs
- 6 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- pinch of salt
- 3 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 2 to 3 cups of flour
- Combine all ingredients.
- Roll out very thin on a floured surface.
- Cut into strips about 2 inches by 1 inch with a slit in the middle.
- You pull one end through the slit to make a sort of knot.
- Fry in oil until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
NotesThese are an Italian deep fried cookie. They are rolled very thin and deep fried. To me they taste much like a beignet from New Orleans but thinner and crisper. They are so easy to make even my hubby can make them.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More