- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. water
- 4 t. vanilla
- 1 t. salt (or less)
- 8 c. rolled oats
- 1c. - 2 c. nuts (I use almonds, sunflower seeds, pecans)
- dried fruits (any kind works great!)
- Mini M&Ms (for the kids!)
- Heat oven to 275.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper.
- Combine brown sugar and water in 4-cup microwave cup.
- Microwave until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in vanilla and salt.
- In large bowl (very large bowl), mis oats, nuts, and then the brown sugar mix.
- Spread onto cookie sheets and bake 45 minutes to one hour, stirring about every 15 minutes.
- When cooled, add fruits and/or M&Ms or other favorites you put in your granola!
- This is great as a snack in the afternoon or for cereal in the morning for breakfast with some milk poured over the top!
- You must SAVE this recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More