- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Tomato Sauce, recipe follows
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. fresh spinach, chopped finely
- 1/2 small lemon, juiced
- 1 pkg. round wonton wrappers
- 8 oz. mozzarella, grated
- 3 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 oz. ricotta cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes, for garnish
- Tomato Sauce:
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 (26-oz.) cans crushed tomatoes, drained lightly
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- Salt to taste
- 8 small basil leaves, for garnish
- Prepare tomato sauce. Preheat oven to 375°. For the lasagna, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring frequently, until garlic is golden, about five minutes. Remove and discard garlic. Add spinach, a handful at a time, and stir-fry until it wilts, about three minutes. Add lemon juice, then transfer the spinach to a colander set over a bowl to drain. Reserve 8 Tablespoons of Parmesan and 8 Tablespoons of mozzarella—this will be the topping later.
- To assemble the lasagna, line each section of an 8-cup nonstick muffin pan with a round wonton wrapper. (I used a 12 cup pan and filled 4 halfway up with water.)Put a little Parmesan, a little mozzarella, and a little ricotta into each mold. Top with a little spinach and a spoonful of sauce. Repeat layers of wonton wrappers, three cheeses, spinach, and tomato sauce, creating six layers in all, and ending with sauce. Sprinkle each with reserved Parmesan and mozzarella on top. Bake until nicely browned, about 20 minutes. Add basil leaves for garnish. Serves 8.
- Tomato Sauce: Sauté garlic in heated olive oil until lightly browned. Add remaining ingredients and stir frequently over medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Lower heat to simmer and cook for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. May be made in advance. Makes 4 cups.
NotesKids and adults alike will enjoy this!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More