- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp butter or margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan, gradually stir in milk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Blend a small amount into egg yolk and return to pan; mix well.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in butter and vanilla. Cool 15 minutes.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Store in fridge and serve with cake. 16-20 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More