- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThese are a bit different and tasty.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 pound ground walnuts or pecans
- Cut butter into flour with pastry blender until evenly mixed.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix lightly with fork until all the flour is moistened.
- Gather dough together and press into a ball. Divide into 24 uniform pieces and roll each into a ball.
- Place in refrigerator for several hours or over-night.
- Roll each piece on a floured pastry cloth into a circle about 4 inches in diameter.
- Beat sugar into egg whites gradually, using mixer.
- Fold in nuts.
- Place a spoonful of mixture on each circle and spread gently.
- Roll like a jelly roll.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 375° oven for 15 min. or until golden brown.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Cream Cheese CookiesSee More