- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 pound ground walnuts or pecans
- Cut butter into flour with pastry blender until evenly mixed.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix lightly with fork until all the flour is moistened.
- Gather dough together and press into a ball. Divide into 24 uniform pieces and roll each into a ball.
- Place in refrigerator for several hours or over-night.
- Roll each piece on a floured pastry cloth into a circle about 4 inches in diameter.
- Beat sugar into egg whites gradually, using mixer.
- Fold in nuts.
- Place a spoonful of mixture on each circle and spread gently.
- Roll like a jelly roll.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 375° oven for 15 min. or until golden brown.
NotesThese are a bit different and tasty.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Deep-fried Sesame Balls
Bacon WafflesSee More