- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThese are a bit different and tasty.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 pound ground walnuts or pecans
- Cut butter into flour with pastry blender until evenly mixed.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix lightly with fork until all the flour is moistened.
- Gather dough together and press into a ball. Divide into 24 uniform pieces and roll each into a ball.
- Place in refrigerator for several hours or over-night.
- Roll each piece on a floured pastry cloth into a circle about 4 inches in diameter.
- Beat sugar into egg whites gradually, using mixer.
- Fold in nuts.
- Place a spoonful of mixture on each circle and spread gently.
- Roll like a jelly roll.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 375° oven for 15 min. or until golden brown.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Smooth Sweet Tea
Bacon Pecan Crumble Chocolate CakeSee More