- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 level teaspoon salt
- For Cabbage:
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Layer cabbage and onions in pot, seasoning each layer generously with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer until tender.
- Stir occasionally.
- While that is cooking, make the noodles.
- For Noodles:
- Mix flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center and add eggs and just enough warm water to make a soft, sticky dough (like gloppy mashed potatoes).
- Slide dough by teaspoonfuls into a large pot of boiling water.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain and mix with the cabbage mixture.
NotesThis is my grandmother's recipe for Ukrainian cabbage and noodles! It's pretty simple to make, and they're REALLY filling.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
The NourishFull Kitchen
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More