- Cooking Time: 20 min.
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15 min.
- * 1 large head cabbage, shredded (about 12 cups)
- * 1 onion, chopped
- * 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- * 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- * 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- * Salt and pepper to taste
- * 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Cook cabbage in boiling water until tender; drain thoroughly. In a large skillet, saute onion in 5 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in soup. Add cheese; stir until melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cabbage, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. In a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Cook and stir crumbs in butter until lightly browned; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce