- Cooking Time: 20 min.
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15 min.
- * 1 large head cabbage, shredded (about 12 cups)
- * 1 onion, chopped
- * 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- * 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- * 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- * Salt and pepper to taste
- * 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Cook cabbage in boiling water until tender; drain thoroughly. In a large skillet, saute onion in 5 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in soup. Add cheese; stir until melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cabbage, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. In a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Cook and stir crumbs in butter until lightly browned; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Babette's Test Kitchen
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Oreo Cookie Balls
Crispy Chicken Strips
Star Anise Spice CakeSee More