- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI can remember my grandmother making these in the winter and fall. The sauce is so creamy.
It's a great stick to your ribs recipe
- 2 cups ground beef
- (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 6 large cabbage leaves
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown meat and onion in a heavy skillet over low heat. Remove from heat. Mix in thoroughly celery, rice, horseradish, mustard and egg. Cook cabbage leaves for 3 minutes in boiling salted water.
- Place meat mixture on cabbage leaves. Roll and fasten with toothpicks. Place close together in greased baking dish. Pour tomato puree and water over cabbage rolls. Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove cabbage rolls. Pour sour cream into liquid remaining in baking dish. Serve over cabbage rolls.