- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis makes a really good dish. The kraut makes it even better.
- 1 pound sauerkraut -- undrained
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 medium onion -- chopped
- 2/3 cup rice -- uncooked
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head cabbage -- boiled
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 4 slices bacon -- raw
- Spread sauerkraut in bottom of a 13" X 9" X 2" pan.
- Brown beef, pork, and onion in large saucepan with olive oil.
- Stir in rice, tomato sauce, milk, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and salt.
- Wrap 1/2 cup meat mixture in each leaf of cabbage and secure with toothpicks.
- Place rolls onto sauerkraut, pour tomato soup over cabbage rolls, and lay strips of bacon over rolls.
- Bake, covered, in 350 degree oven for 2 hours.
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Cooking with SabraSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More