- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is another one of my Mom's old recipes. I haven't made it for a few years because my daughter didn't like them, so now that's she on her own...I'll revive it again and make it. Good time of the year for them too..with cabbage coming from everyone's gardens.
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sm onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celey, dioced
- 1 cup cooked rice*
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 6 large cabbage leaves
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat oven to 350*
- Brown meat and onion in a skillet over med-low heat.
- Remove from heat and drain off any fat.
- Combine with the cooked ground beef and onion, the celery,rice* (I will probably use a bag of cook Success rice),and beaten egg.
- Cook cabbage leaves for 3 minutes in boiling salt water.
- Drain off water and lay out flat for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Place meat mixture on cabbage leaves.
- Roll and fasten with toothpicks.
- Place close together in a greased baking dish.
- In a bowl; combine tomato soup stewed tomatoes and water, mix well and pour over cabbage rolls.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.