CABBAGE UN-ROLLS (SOMERSIZE LEVEL 1)
- Cooking Time: 100
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 8 oz jar sauerkraut, drained
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cook ground beef and onions together in a frypan/skillet on medium heat until ground beef is browned. Drain grease and set aside.
- Spread the shredded cabbage in a layer in bottom of casserole dish. Layer ground beef & onion mixture on top of cabbage. Sprinkle the salt, pepper, paprika and garlic on top of the meat layer. Add the sauerkraut in a layer and then spread the tomato sauce over the top.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven, spread the sour cream over the top. Raise oven temperature to 400 and put the casserole dish into the oven. Cook for another 10 minutes and serve.
NotesFilling comfort food reconstructed for those following the Somersize way of eating or low carb.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Award - Winning Tortilla SoupSee More