- Cooking Time: 100
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 8 oz jar sauerkraut, drained
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cook ground beef and onions together in a frypan/skillet on medium heat until ground beef is browned. Drain grease and set aside.
- Spread the shredded cabbage in a layer in bottom of casserole dish. Layer ground beef & onion mixture on top of cabbage. Sprinkle the salt, pepper, paprika and garlic on top of the meat layer. Add the sauerkraut in a layer and then spread the tomato sauce over the top.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven, spread the sour cream over the top. Raise oven temperature to 400 and put the casserole dish into the oven. Cook for another 10 minutes and serve.
NotesFilling comfort food reconstructed for those following the Somersize way of eating or low carb.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More