- Cooking Time: 4 hours
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 4-5 large baking potatoes
- 3 medium sized heads of cabbage
- 2 packs of Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage (about 10 links)
- Place sausage on the bottom of a heavy cooking pot.
- Peel potatoes and quarter them.
- Place potatoes in pot, in between sausages
- Shred cabbage.
- Place cabbage on top of potatoes and sausage. (It will look like a lot!)
- Pour about 1/3 cup of water over cabbage.
- Close lid.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours- until the cabbage is wilted and caramelized!
NotesOriginally found in a Paula Deen cookbook. It has been tweaked with the hot sausage and we also double the sausage.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More