- Cooking Time: 4 hours
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 4-5 large baking potatoes
- 3 medium sized heads of cabbage
- 2 packs of Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage (about 10 links)
- Place sausage on the bottom of a heavy cooking pot.
- Peel potatoes and quarter them.
- Place potatoes in pot, in between sausages
- Shred cabbage.
- Place cabbage on top of potatoes and sausage. (It will look like a lot!)
- Pour about 1/3 cup of water over cabbage.
- Close lid.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours- until the cabbage is wilted and caramelized!
NotesOriginally found in a Paula Deen cookbook. It has been tweaked with the hot sausage and we also double the sausage.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More