- Cooking Time: 4 hours
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 4-5 large baking potatoes
- 3 medium sized heads of cabbage
- 2 packs of Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage (about 10 links)
- Place sausage on the bottom of a heavy cooking pot.
- Peel potatoes and quarter them.
- Place potatoes in pot, in between sausages
- Shred cabbage.
- Place cabbage on top of potatoes and sausage. (It will look like a lot!)
- Pour about 1/3 cup of water over cabbage.
- Close lid.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours- until the cabbage is wilted and caramelized!
NotesOriginally found in a Paula Deen cookbook. It has been tweaked with the hot sausage and we also double the sausage.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More