- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- A 4 to 5 pound leg of kid* (young goat)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Make a number of incisions over the meat and insert the cloves of garlic. Rub the outside well with chili powder, salt and pepper. Heat the in a large skillet and quickly brown the meat on all sides. Transfer to a shallow roasting pan and roast, uncovered, in a preheated 325F oven for 35 minutes per pound. Mix the orange juice with the wine, basting the roast occasionally during cooking. Yield 6 servings.
- *Can be purchased at your local Mexican market.
NotesTo all our Mexican friends Feliz Cinco de Mayo! Here is a recipe you will not find easily in Mexican restaurants in the USA, but it is still a very tasty dish. This recipe for cabrito we found in Trader Vic's Book of Mexican Cooking.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More