- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- A 4 to 5 pound leg of kid* (young goat)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Make a number of incisions over the meat and insert the cloves of garlic. Rub the outside well with chili powder, salt and pepper. Heat the in a large skillet and quickly brown the meat on all sides. Transfer to a shallow roasting pan and roast, uncovered, in a preheated 325F oven for 35 minutes per pound. Mix the orange juice with the wine, basting the roast occasionally during cooking. Yield 6 servings.
- *Can be purchased at your local Mexican market.
NotesTo all our Mexican friends Feliz Cinco de Mayo! Here is a recipe you will not find easily in Mexican restaurants in the USA, but it is still a very tasty dish. This recipe for cabrito we found in Trader Vic's Book of Mexican Cooking.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More