- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- A 4 to 5 pound leg of kid* (young goat)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Make a number of incisions over the meat and insert the cloves of garlic. Rub the outside well with chili powder, salt and pepper. Heat the in a large skillet and quickly brown the meat on all sides. Transfer to a shallow roasting pan and roast, uncovered, in a preheated 325F oven for 35 minutes per pound. Mix the orange juice with the wine, basting the roast occasionally during cooking. Yield 6 servings.
- *Can be purchased at your local Mexican market.
NotesTo all our Mexican friends Feliz Cinco de Mayo! Here is a recipe you will not find easily in Mexican restaurants in the USA, but it is still a very tasty dish. This recipe for cabrito we found in Trader Vic's Book of Mexican Cooking.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More