- 1 c. Mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. Parmesan Cheese, Preferably Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic
- 2 Anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp. Freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbs. Water, plus more as needed
Whisk together the mayonnaise, cheese, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, galric, anchovy, and pepper in a small bowl until well incorporated. Whisk in the 2 tablespoons water.
Refrigerate until chilled.
The dressing will keep, covered and refrigerated, for 5 days.
Thin with more water and adjust seasonings if necessary before serving.
Makes scant 1 1/2 cups
From The Bride & Groom First and Forever Cookbook
Author's notes: Don't omit the anchovies! They give the dressing body and enhance it's flavor with a kiss of salt and we promise you won't taste anything "fishy."