CAESAR PASTA SALAD
- 3 cups (10 oz) penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ounce (1/4 cup) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
- 1 bottle (8 oz) fat free creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1 head (3/4 pound) romaine lettuce, shredded (6 cups)
- 1 small tomato, for garnish (optional)
Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
Rinse with cold water.
Place in a bowl.
Meanwhile, chop eggs, red onion and bell pepper. Grate Parmesan cheese with grater.
Add eggs, onion, pepper, Parmesan cheese and parsley to pasta.
Pour salad dressing over pasta mixture; mix well. Stack 3-4 lettuce leaves on top of each other; cut into thin shreds.
To serve, line a bowl with lettuce.
Spoon pasta salad in center of bowl.
Garnish with tomato rose. Serve.