- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- CREAM CHEESE LATTE:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- BISCOTTI DOUGH:
- 3/4 cup butterscotch or caramel chips, melted
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons warm, brewed espresso or strong coffee
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- caramel chips, instant coffee granules, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, hand whisk, to blend, the cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
- Melt the caramel chips in a bowl in the microwave and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the butter and sugar, then add eggs, vanilla and the brewed coffee. Stir in baking powder, salt, and flour. Spoon and stir in the melted caramel chips. It does not have to be even. Pat two logs of dough (about 8 by 4 or so) on each prepared baking sheet. Spoon on the cream cheese and with fingers or a knife, swirl in the cheese topping, somewhat, onto the batter. Sprinkle with more caramel chips and a dusting of coffee granules.
- Place in oven and bake until set (30 to 40 minutes). Remove biscotti from oven and reduce heat to 325 F.
- Let biscotti cool and then cut, on the diagonal into slices, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place cookies on pan and bake to dry (turning once) for 12 to 15 minutes.
NotesA mocha vanilla biscotti, ribboned through with cream cheese ‘latte’ layer, swirls of melted caramel, and dotted with instant coffee granules. Get the espresso ready.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More