- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12 to 16
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee (dry)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist devil's food cake mix
- Vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee (dry)
- 1 tablespoon cool water
- 1 container Betty Crocker Whipped milk chocolate frosting
- 1 1/2 cups frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- Chocolate-covered espresso beans, if desired
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans).
- Grease and flour bottoms only of two 8-inch or 9-inch round pans.
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon coffee in 1 1/3 cups water.
- Make cake batter as directed on box, using coffee mixture in place of the water.
- Bake and cool as directed.
- 2. Dissolve 2 teaspoons coffee in 1 tablespoon cool water.
- Stir 2 teaspoons of the coffee mixture into frosting.
- In medium bowl, stir together whipped topping and remaining coffee mixture; gently stir in 1/4 cup of the frosting mixture.
- 3. Place 1 cake layer, rounded side down, on serving plate.
- Spread with half of the whipped topping mixture (about 3/4 cup) to within 1/4 inch of edge.
- Top with second layer, rounded side up.
- Frost side and top of cake with frosting.
- Pipe remaining whipped topping mixture around top of cake.
- Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or until chilled. Garnish top of cake with espresso beans.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- Start to Finish:4 hr 5 min
NotesEnjoy your java by the forkful! This cool and delicious chocolate dessert features the popular coffee flavor found at coffee shops everywhere!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More