- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12 to 16
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee (dry)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist devil's food cake mix
- Vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee (dry)
- 1 tablespoon cool water
- 1 container Betty Crocker Whipped milk chocolate frosting
- 1 1/2 cups frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- Chocolate-covered espresso beans, if desired
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans).
- Grease and flour bottoms only of two 8-inch or 9-inch round pans.
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon coffee in 1 1/3 cups water.
- Make cake batter as directed on box, using coffee mixture in place of the water.
- Bake and cool as directed.
- 2. Dissolve 2 teaspoons coffee in 1 tablespoon cool water.
- Stir 2 teaspoons of the coffee mixture into frosting.
- In medium bowl, stir together whipped topping and remaining coffee mixture; gently stir in 1/4 cup of the frosting mixture.
- 3. Place 1 cake layer, rounded side down, on serving plate.
- Spread with half of the whipped topping mixture (about 3/4 cup) to within 1/4 inch of edge.
- Top with second layer, rounded side up.
- Frost side and top of cake with frosting.
- Pipe remaining whipped topping mixture around top of cake.
- Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or until chilled. Garnish top of cake with espresso beans.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- Start to Finish:4 hr 5 min
NotesEnjoy your java by the forkful! This cool and delicious chocolate dessert features the popular coffee flavor found at coffee shops everywhere!
Jesuit Tampa - Between Practice and Homework
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Baked Baby Reds
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Classic Blue Cheese DressingSee More