- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
- Beat in egg, milk and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, coffee powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Stir the flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls, forming 1-inch in diameter mounds, on the baking sheet.
- Bake until cookie are golden at the edges, about 8-11 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Yield: about 2 1/2 doz
NotesYou may have noticed that there are dark, chocolaty specks in the cookies pictured. They’re not chocolate, though. The specks are actually undissolved coffee crystals. Instant coffee is very convenient for flavoring baked goods, but the coffee powder needs to be dissolved in a warm liquid before you incorporate it into the batter. Since I simply stirred them in along with the flour, my cookies have specks. I like the textured look it gives to the cookies, which is far more visually appealing than a very plain looking cookie to my eye. If you want to eliminate them,
simply heat the milk and dissolve the crystals before adding them. The cookies will be very similar in flavor, either way.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More