- Cooking Time: 40-45 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 egg
- 2/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 2 c. flour
- 1 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. cocoa
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
- 1 c. hot coffee
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. milk
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. caramel topping
- 1 c. toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 13-inch pan.
- Combine egg, oil and buttermilk. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Combine the egg mixture and the flour mixture, mixing well. Slowly mix in hot coffee. Turn into prepared pan and bake 40 to 45 minutes. Frost when cooled.
- Frosting: Mix sugar and milk in a saucepan, add butter and bring to a boil. Put chocolate chips in a bowl, pour hot mixture over them and mix until smooth. Spread over cooled cake. Drizzle caramel topping over the frosting and crunch toasted pecans over the caramel with your hand.
NotesI cut this recipe out of the newspaper eons ago and just made it recently. It turned out to be a "keeper"!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More