- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 2/3 c. + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 c. warm water-divided
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c. + 1 teaspoon instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt
- 5 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. melted butter (for brushing)
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, add yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar to 1/2 water.
- 2. Add melted butter, instant milk powder, salt, 4 cups flour and remaining sugar and water.
- 3. Beat by hand with whisk or with electric mixer until smooth.
- 4. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (use a sturdy wooden spoon).
- 5. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5-6 minutes.
- 6. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- 7. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours. Punch dough down.
- 8. Divide into 20-30 pieces; shape into balls.
- 9. Place 10-15 balls into 2 greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pans.
- 10. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes to an hour.
- 11. Lightly brush the top of each roll with melted butter.
- 12. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 13. Brush again with melted butter and cool completely on wire racks.
NotesA fluffy yeast roll reminiscent of those yummy school cafeteria dinner rolls. Easy to make and they disappear fast!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More